- This Page Hits:2591
Greece | Athens | Thessaloniki |
History Of Greece:
The civilization of Greece laid the scientific temper in the whole of Europe. Not only this, it gave the idea of government and rules of governing to the whole world.
It laid foundation for philosophical pursuit for human development. Even today people quote Socrates, Aristotle and Plato. The world was in a way expanded by Greece when Alexander invaded India, thousands of miles away.
The Indian civilization and Greek civilization were prime motivators for human development in ancient world.
Infact it is said, when Alexander went back from India, he invited a few Indian scholars to integrate in Greek society and expand its vision.
It is generally, said history is confined to geographical limits of a country. But Greek history wiped out of geography altogether.
Cleopatra supposed to be the most beautiful women ever born on earth was a Greek lady who ruled Egypt.
Ptolemy and Pythagoras the great mathematicians lived in Egypt, defying geography the system of density and specific gravity was discovered by Archemedis of Greece.
The medical doctors passing out anywhere in the world even today take Hippocracic oath in the name of Hippocrates the great physician from Greece.
Greece and Latin are mother languages for all European languages.
Greek orthodox church gave necessary spiritual and intellectual push for the spread of Christianity throughout the world
There are several islands alround Greece which are part of Greece.
There is a famous story by name of Helen of Troy. Helen of Troy was kidnapped by another king from Greece and epic story came out of this akin to Ramayana in India.
In Ramayan the kidnapper was killed by Sita’s husband and Sita was retrieved.
However in the Greece story the kidnapped lady married kidnapper.
The term Trojan horse is all too familiar to almost everybody in the world.
In the Trojan war the schemer from Troy leaves a huge wooden horse in the battle field and retrieves to his camp.
The enemy army sees this as a trophy and takes it and presents it to the king.
In the night soldiers cameout of the horse and break open the fort gates so that Troy soldiers enter into the fort and win the war.
The name of the scheemer was Ulysses.
Ulysses was a travel buff. He travelled all over the world and recorded the events from far off places and enriched the Greek literature.
Olympic games have started in the late 19th century in the world. These games were supposed to have been played in the bygone history of Greece.
How much we can tell of Greece? Whatever we say it is still inadequate and lot more remains yet.
In the present day discovery of any new metal or element or biological plant its name is given either in Greece or Latin. This is the homage we pay to the ancient Greek civilization.
Today maximum revenue for Greece comes from tourism. One can imagine how even today people are pulled to Greece.
Please note that this page is under construction
- Country Greece
- Capital City Athens
- Area: 131,957 km²
- Population: 1.08 crores (2017)
- Currency: Euro
- Official languages: Greek
- Demonym: Greeks
- Legislature Parliamentary Republic
- Religions: Orthodox Christianity (90%), and Other Christians
- Time Zone: Eastern European Standard Time (GMT+2)
- Drives on the Right
- Dialing / Calling Code: +30
- Internet TLD .gr
- Important Cities: Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras, Kalamata, Volos, Ioannina, Kavala, Sparti,
- Famous Rivers Struma, Vardar, Haliacmon, Arda, Aoös, Nestos, Achelous, Pineios, Alfeios
- Border Countries Greece is bordered by Albania, Turkey, Bulgaria, the Republic of Macedonia, and it shares maritime borders with Egypt, Cyprus, Italy, and Libya
- National Bird:Little Owl
- National Flower: Acanthus Mollis
- Spiritual Places Agia Sophia, Thessaloniki Agia Triada Monastery Agia Triada Monastery, Meteora Agii Apostoli Church Agii Apostoli Church, Athens Agios Nikolaos Anapafsas Monastery Agios Nikolaos Anapafsas Monastery, Athens Agios Stefanos Monastery Agios Stefanos Monastery, Meteora Ancient Akrotiri Ancient Akrotiri, Santorini Ancient Corinth Ancient Corinth Ancient Thira Ancient Thira, Santorini Areopagus (Mars Hill) Areopagus (Mars Hill), Athens Daphni Monastery Daphni Monastery, Greece Delos Delos, Delos Island Erechtheion Erechtheion, Athens Gortyna Gortyna, Greece Great Meteoron Monastery Great Meteoron Monastery, Meteora Knossos Knossos, Greece Mikrí Mitropolí Mikrí Mitropolí, Athens Mitrópoli (Cathedral) Mitrópoli (Cathedral), Athens Monastery of St. John Monastery of St. John, Greece Mount Athos Mount Athos, Greece Panagia Chalkeon Panagia Chalkeon, Thessaloniki Panagia Ekatontapyliani Panagia Ekatontapyliani, Paros Island Panagia Paraportiani Panagia Paraportiani, Mykonos Island Panagia Tourliani Monastery Panagia Tourliani Monastery, Mykonos Island Parthenon Parthenon, Athens Philippi Philippi, Greece Portara Portara, Naxos Island Rotunda of Galerius Rotunda of Galerius, Thessaloniki Roussanou Monastery Roussanou Monastery, Meteora Sanctuary of Apollo Sanctuary of Apollo, Delphi Sanctuary of Athena Sanctuary of Athena, Delphi Temple of Apollo Epicurius Temple of Apollo Epicurius, Bassae Temple of Athena Nike Temple of Athena Nike, Athens Temple of Demeter Temple of Demeter, Naxos Island Temple of Hephaestus Temple of Hephaestus, Athens Temple of Olympian Zeus Temple of Olympian Zeus, Athens Temple of Poseidon Temple of Poseidon, Soúnio Varlaam Monastery Varlaam Monastery, Meteora
- Tourist Attractions: Meteora, Mykonos, Parthenon, Santorini, Mount Athos, Mystras, Lindos, Samaria Gorge, Myrtos Beach, Delphi Theatre,
Greece Desktop Wallpaper
Greece Mobile Wallpaper
Vastu Testimonials Delivered By Respected Residents
Dear Suresh, I am pleased to inform you that like the way you provided consultation for my home and explained to me all the changes required inside and outside home. I really appreciate the diagrams that you prepared for my home with pictures and arrows showing the changes need to be done. Above all, you explained very well the reasons behind changes you recommended for my home with great clarity and sense of humor. No doubt in my mind, you are the best Vastu expert, I really appreciate your dedication by building and maintaining a very informative website that is helping thousands of people across the globe. Also, I sensed when I talk to you and when I was dealing with you, you follow honesty and integrity and you have a sincere desire to help others - Kotesware Rao - Dallas - USA
We are tech professionals and working in USA. After a year long search we brought the house. After buying the house I started looking for consultant who can help me evaluating the house. I came across Subhavaastu website which has lot of information. I contacted Mr.Suresh and requested him to help with our house vastu. It has been an incredible delight working with him.. He is very detailed oriented person and never compromises with his work. I am typically not interested to deliver the reviews. But after working with Mr. Suresh I decided to share my experience. Mr. Suresh has great expertise in providing vastu consultation to USA property. He is always available through email and phone l to answer questions. I am writing this review hoping it will help other people like me who lives in abroad. Please take advise before buying the house. I highly recommend Mr. Suresh as he has great experience with structure of USA properties and also he provides genuine consultation. I really appreciate Mr. Suresh's help in evaluating our house - Padma - Boston - USA
"I contacted Sureshji to consult on our current home. He was spot on in identifying vastu dosha in regards to the problems we were having. He suggested remedies but we are still looking for a new house. Since then I have been in touch with him for finding a right home for us. He is very sincere and truly wishes better lives for everyone. He doesn’t compromise with quality and is always responsive to queries. He recommends solutions as per location as vaastu rules differ for each country. He is greatly contributing to the society with his knowledge of Vaastu Shastra and dedication towards his work. Keep up the good work Sureshji and wish you success and happiness!" - Megha - Virginia - USA
I have consulted Suresh Garu during December 2014 during the process of buying a house in Texas, USA. I have occupied the house for one year now, and feel like dropping a review regarding my experience during the entire process. I am very much satisfied with the kind of service I received from him. He is very knowledgeable and I was often stunned by his detailed analysis during the course of my interaction with him. He was very much accessible over phone (perhaps more than 10 times for one house plan!) and the price is very much reasonable especially compared with the cost of the house. I noticed his burning desire to help me in making informed decisions on certain things. I have seen some people pretending to know this subject and misguiding those who come for help by saying only what we want to hear. SubhaVaastu is definitely not that one. Finally, I am strong believer of leaving certain things to experts in those subjects. I have been in US for more than 13 years and have seen people doing their own corrections (by reading website articles) trying to save few dollars. Please don’t do that. You would end up in causing more damage. I highly recommend you to engage SubhaVaastu in your next project - Satish - Dallas - TX - USA
"The true fact is: Strength is life, weakness is Death. Strength is felicity & Pleasure, life eternal, immortal; weakness is constant strain and misery; weakness is death. Be brave to fight with anything, you can. . you can . . you can do miracles. Wake UP and 'S T A R T' from now." - "Swami Vivekananda"
“Great Personalities speak about thoughts. 'Average Person' talk about occassions. 'Narrow Minded' gossip about others.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt . . . Let you question yourself, "Who You Are, either 'Great Personality', 'Average Person' or 'Narrow Minded' ?
Joke Of the Day
Teacher Asked a Student: "If I saw a man beating a dog and stopped him then what virtue would I be showing there?"
Student: "Brotherly Love",