- This Page Hits:191563
Vastu for Staircase | Selecting a Good Place For Staircase As Per Vastu Shastra
In this link we will discuss external staircase vastu ideas and internal staircase Vastu thoughts, please note that we have another page which continued to this same subject, which showed with right arrow after some Vastu questions below (almost bottom).
We provided some staircase vastu remedies in this link, maybe we missed many points, let us know what more information you are looking from this website. We are very ready to publish answers for all of your questions.
Different Results With Solid Rock Staircase And Light Weight Metal Staircase
- The quest of mankind is unending. The earliest man on the earth wore no clothes and ate raw meat and other things available in handy.
- The discovery of fire and agriculture is the result of the quest of man for a better life.
- In modern terminology, it may be called, “research”.
- In the earlier days treatments for ailments might not have been available.
- Research – the modern term for the word quest – led to discovery of various medicinal systems and medicines so that it is helpful to humanity.
- Same is the case in every walk of life including Vastu Shastra.
- Vastu Shastra decrees that the staircase on Northeast side is harmful to the residents.
- What exactly it means is heavy construction and heavy materials in the Northeast side stationed permanently on the Northeast when compared to other sides is unwelcome.
- We have seen several places where this principle is defied. On the contrary, people were seen to be active and normal otherwise.
- There were no signs of inauspicious situations. What was wrong then . . .
- Our understanding of the principles was wrong. What is meant was heavy, permanent articles in the Northeast are unwelcome.
- With the modern construction methods, staircases have become lighter and positioning of them in the Northeast is seen not causing bad situations.
- As such the understanding of the principle was basically wrong. Not the principle itself.
- Such refined understanding can be discerned only by a competent Vastu scholar endowed with modern construction materials and the like.
- It is for this reason that we continuously emphasize upon a competent vastu scholar who does not merely parrot ancient statements without understanding the complete implications.
Questions And Answers On Vastu Shastra for Stair Case (Steps Vastu):
1. Can we have a staircase at the Northeast corner?
Ans: Northeast is not a good place for the staircase, it may harm health, progress, prosperity, and fame too. Residents who have a staircase in the Northeast, most of them looking for remedies and dosh nivaran. (Please note that some rules were not applied to USA, UK, Australia properties). Anyway, the Northeast staircase is the detrimental placement out of all the other directions in the property.
2. Can we plan an internal staircase in the Southwest Direction, is this good to have a staircase at Southwest?
Ans: Internal Southwest corner is not a proper place for the staircase.
3. Can we plan an external staircase in the Southwest direction, is this good to have an external staircase at Southwest?
Ans: External southwest corner is accepted, take proper guidance from experts for this external SW staircase.
4. Can we plan a staircase at Northwest?
Ans: Northwest is the best suitable location for the staircase. The Northwest direction is perfectly fit for external and internal staircases. Please note that Northern-northwest is the acceptable location for the staircase. We are not stating that Northwest-west is acceptable.
5. Can we plan a staircase at the Southeast corner?
Ans: Southeast corner is a significant location for the staircase. Those who are planning for an external staircase, then they may plan towards Southeast-east. With this Southeast-east extension to the house, the best remedy is having one balcony at Northeast that should be extended towards Northeast-east than this Southeast-east staircase borderline.
6. Can we place a staircase in North direction?
Ans: Either internal and external, the north direction is not suitable for the staircase.
7. East direction is suitable for the staircase?
Ans: Both internal and external staircase was not fit in East direction.
8. Is west direction is good for the staircase?
Ans: Yes, west internal home location is acceptable to have a staircase. We provided some more information on Staircase for west facing house as per vastu
9. South direction is suitable for the staircase?
Ans: Home internal south direction is suitable for a staircase.
10. Can we place Staircase at Brahmasthan
Ans: In India, this Brahmasthan staircase is not common feature and rare, but staircase at Brahmasthan is a run-of-the-mill attribute in USA, UK, Australia. Most of them were not giving bad results. But some were acting as carriers of negative energies. Care should be taken in this regard.
11. Is it important to count number of steps in the staircase as per vastu?
Ans: In Pracheena vastu steps counting in a staircase has influential importance. Majority of residents arranging the staircase as per their convenience. We are not protesting for the steps count in the staircase, but this is not at all a serious matter in this modern living. When stairs constructed with solid rocks then we should evaluate many things. Today, residents don't like to construct with solid mountain rocks for the staircase. We are using only wood and most of them are hollow bricks and even staircase also become hollow now :)
12. Ours is East facing house. Staircase with pillar support is in the Southeast. For that SE pillar, the northeast pillar touching the portico is required or not.
Normally, for the staircase, particularly in India, residents planning them at Southeast, for standard purpose, staircase built with cement gravel and it came with pillar support for the center platform. Is such case it seems to be a Southeast extension. If there is a portico at Northeast, then no need to have any other pillar at Northeast to the portico. If there is any room or toilet under the staircase which is at Southeast then a pillar is required for the Northeast portico.
13. Is ladder is also giving same results when compared with solid staircase and considered to be a staircase in vastu shastra?
Ans: Before knowing the answer for the above question, first we need to get some clarification on this ladder and vastu influence on ladder positions.
This ladder is only made with a series of bars in between two upright lengths of metal, wood, and rope generally used for climbing up to the upstairs or terrace or something.
We observed some ladders like with wooden ladders, steel ladders and iron ladders with hollow in between each climbing line is not giving bad results when they are at prohibited places, in our observation majority of the ladders were silent in makeover bad results.
We all know that some ladders are movable and some are non-movable. In our observation, these non-movable ladders also not given bad results to the residents. Please make sure that we are discussing only.
14. Our Staircase Goes to First Floor has Anti-clockwise Direction, Is This Ok as Per Vastu?
This Clock-wise staircase and anti-clockwise staircase is a hot topic for several people. We are trying to clear this point through this image and content. We collected 24 house residents' experiences on this clockwise and anti-clockwise staircase. After years together hunting finally we found 6 homes residents who changed the anti-clockwise staircase to a clockwise staircase.
Out of 6, the 5 residents expressed that they did not found any change in results after correcting the anti-clockwise staircase to the clockwise staircase. The 6th resident not interested to share anything, he is angry on the Vastu people. He never wish to speak with us and asked us to go out. We don't know the reason but we understand his feelings. He may feel that he might be wrong guided.
From the starting of our consultancy, we are insisting many residents about this clockwise and anti-clockwise staircase as per Vastu. There is no importance in this point.
If residents still design to construct only the clockwise staircase, we don't have any objection. Please note that convenience is most important than the clockwise direction staircase or anti-clockwise direction staircase.
15. As Per Vastu Is There Any Harm to Have the Anti-clockwise Directional Staircase?
Nothing is more than experience. We all know that experience is most important than any other. We worked very hard and gathered some experience. Unfortunately, those residents won't accept to take photos and publish their house photos or their names. It's the reason, no concerned photos were published here. We respect residents, without their will, we never publish anything of their property photos or names. Overall our experiences stated that nothing change happened after correction. If you come across any experiences let's share them with us, we are ready to publish.
16. Hi Sir, the house is facing east but external steps are exactly opp to the main door and ending towards the North direction, please confirm is it good to buy or is there any remedy? - Supriya - Chennai.
Ans: When there is any external staircase exactly opposite to the main entrance door and it is ending towards North. This means the exact Northeast has a staircase and the starting point starts opposite to the main entrance door, this setting considered to be unlucky and best to avoid buying this home.
Different Names of Staircases
Steps/staircase may be called with different names in different places as Rung, shed staircase, steps, etc. How to arrange steps and banister and where to place the staircase at our house or at our factory (factory vastu), most of the residents do mistakes by placing the staircase at wrong places and that may lead to severe problems, here are some step by step guidelines for placing staircase/steps and constructing their structure.
There are many types of staircases in use, out of them we mentioned some of below:
1. Arched staircase
2. Straight and simple or Linear Staircase, which starts from one direction and reached to the opposite direction. For example, the staircase starts from East direction and ends at West direction, the tail of the staircase. This style of stairs will appear on the row homes in the streets.
3. L Shaped Stair (or sometimes called quarter turn stairs). L shaped staircase, which is starting from one direction and ends with another direction. For example, stairs start at East direction and landed at the center of the stairs and move towards North direction or South direction, many vastu pandits opinioned that this method may not be perfect, due to space constraint, residents following the method which is suitable as per their convenience.
4. Bifurcated stairs, these are very common in movies, in many movies we can observe such bifurcated stairs. Starts from one place and landed at one part and thereafter divided into two stairs and reaching the upper floor in two different directions. It looks rich feeling. (Someone called this as Split Staircase)
5. Circular Stairs
6. Spiral Stairs
7. Arched staircase
8. Helical stairs
9. U shaped staircase, which is starting from one direction and ends into the same direction at the landing area and taking U-turn at the center of the staircase. For example, stairs start from East direction and taking the turn either at South direction or West direction and again moving towards East direction. This system is very common in India. Many vastu shastra experts also opinioned that U shape staircase is a good idea.
10. Double U staircases, or square style staircase, which starts from one direction and end in the same or another direction, these type of stairs can be visible for the very old buildings or Maharaja palaces.
11. Dancing Staircases, which are lesser in number, but we can see them in some homes.
The staircase should not be constructed in the Southwest room of the home.
While constructing the staircase at the eastern southeast part of an East facing house, stairs should not touch the Eastern compound wall. The appropriate gap should be maintained between both stairs and the compound wall.
Its simple to follow, stairs start from eastern southeast part and landed on one pillar which is exactly at Southeast-east not touching the main home (independent pillar), and stairs running towards the north direction and reach the upper floor. The entire stirs load will be bare on this individual pillar only.
If this staircase touches the home Eastern wall then balcony should be provided at Northeast corner, which it should cross the East line of the staircase. For this one may see the below image. It can be found in this below animated image.
While placing the steps in the North Facing House, they should not touch the house Northern wall or the Northern compound wall. The gap should be maintained between North compound wall and the staircase.
The appropriate gap should be maintained in between the main home North wall and stairs and North compound wall. If the stairs touch the home North wall then portico should be maintained which should increase the Northeast, one may observe all these techniques in next pages.
While constructing the steps in the South facing house, the simple technique is generally, stairs start from East to the West direction for this South facing home and thereafter it turn towards North and again turn towards east and reaching the upper floor at Southeast-south part, which is auspicious location for South homes.
While planning steps to the West facing home, they can touch the house western wall. While starting to climb the steps, it is best to climb from North (Read more information from this North facing house vastu link) to South and turn to East and again move towards North and finally landed at western Northwest portion which is auspicious location for the west facing homes.
If steps/staircase are being built outside, then the first choice should be eastern-South-East or the second best option is northern Northwest.
Arranging Staircase Exactly Opposite To The Main Entrance Door Is Good Or Bad:
For West and South facing homes, when entering to the home from the main entrance the exact opposite stairs should NOT be placed.
For East and North facing homes, when entering the home from the main entrance door, the staircase can be built exactly opposite to the door.
Depending on the availability of vacant place or outside of our house residents can choose a proper place to arrange staircase opposite to the entrance. For example: If a home is West facing and entrance is from Northwest-west then the staircase should not be exactly opposite of this main entrance gate.
When coming to the South facing homes and home is having main entrance door from Southeast-south then staircase should not be exactly opposite to the entrance gate.
Why: it's simple, in both above cases, the staircase came towards Northeast, please note that Northeast staircase is not recommended.
This rule may not apply to the Northeast-east and Northeast-north entrance gate homes, for these two homes the staircase exists either Northwest or at Southeast.
Vastu for Staircase is not an easy method to decide, it may have some hurdles to select the right place in the home when coming to the exact planning of a home with vastu perspective, one should not do mistakes in selecting the place of the staircase in their dream home.
This is an animated image, it takes at least 5 seconds time to animate/movie. Eastern Southeast we can find one staircase. Indeed this is a good placement of the staircase. Due to the staircase, the house gets Southeast-east extension, to minimize its bad effect and a balanced method, just build the portico as shown in this image, this is good enough remedy for this mistake.
The right procedure is portico line has to cross the staircase level towards an East direction which was clearly shown with one green arrow. so that Northeast (Eshan) will extend than the Southeast (Agneya), if the portico is lesser than staircase line it means that the staircase extended towards Southeast corner, it means eastern Southeast extended, it may not be too dangerous but not recommended.
This image map is only for East facing homes and for every direction there must be some specifications for this staircase. Before constructing the house, it's better to take an appointment with one of the best vastu consultant and discuss on every point and has to take some precautions on every direction locations of the home i.e., kitchen, steps, bedroom, etc.
For every room of our home has its own capability to show its power in delivering the results, for some of the important things like a staircase, bedroom, kitchen, etc it should not be finalized with tiny knowledge of vastu shastra principles. This wrong thought may damage the future.
For more information on this staircase please visit this Staircase Steps Vastu link, it has more information on the Staircase.
Some Questions on Staircase Vastu:-
1. How many steps (what is the number) in a staircase.
2. Which is the best place for Staircase?
3. Where the first step has to come as per vastu shastra.
4. In which place the staircase has to be landed at first floor or adjacent to the ground floor.
5. Is the basement staircase steps also countable?
6. Some houses have two way staircase or steps, is it correct?
7. Which direction steps are good in the house.
8. North, East, South or West direction staircase, which direction is the most auspicious
9. Staircase at Brahmasthan is acceptable as per Vastu Shastra?
Most fo the questions were answered in next followed link, click the right arrow after this below questions.
Many vastu consultants opinioned that the staircase is the most important feature in vastu shastra. Some vastu pandits belief that linear staircase may not be correct for homes. If so, how the resident built the staircase for his home. Whatever this subject vastu says, but resident should need stairs to go to the upstairs/upper floors. Convenience is the most important than any other subject.
Can we keep stairs from cellular to 1st floor in Northwest corner - Ramesh - Hyderabad
When a home has a basement and needs to access the basement through the staircase, then Northwest is suitable for accessing the cellar.
- North facing house vastu plan?
- Vastu plan for east facing plot?
- Property vastu, need good information?
- West facing house plan according to vastu?
- Is this website published palmistry information?
- Farm House vastu, need to get more information?
- Is Vastu Shastra helps Politicians and their carrier?
- Is free services available to Indian Military people here?
- Some says, Vastu is important for Kings and Royal families, is it?
Vastu Testimonials Delivered By Respected Residents
Dear Suresh, I am pleased to inform you that like the way you provided consultation for my home and explained to me all the changes required inside and outside home. I really appreciate the diagrams that you prepared for my home with pictures and arrows showing the changes need to be done. Above all, you explained very well the reasons behind changes you recommended for my home with great clarity and sense of humor. No doubt in my mind, you are the best Vastu expert, I really appreciate your dedication by building and maintaining a very informative website that is helping thousands of people across the globe. Also, I sensed when I talk to you and when I was dealing with you, you follow honesty and integrity and you have a sincere desire to help others - Kotesware Rao - Dallas - USA
We are tech professionals and working in USA. After a year long search we brought the house. After buying the house I started looking for consultant who can help me evaluating the house. I came across Subhavaastu website which has lot of information. I contacted Mr.Suresh and requested him to help with our house vastu. It has been an incredible delight working with him.. He is very detailed oriented person and never compromises with his work. I am typically not interested to deliver the reviews. But after working with Mr. Suresh I decided to share my experience. Mr. Suresh has great expertise in providing vastu consultation to USA property. He is always available through email and phone l to answer questions. I am writing this review hoping it will help other people like me who lives in abroad. Please take advise before buying the house. I highly recommend Mr. Suresh as he has great experience with structure of USA properties and also he provides genuine consultation. I really appreciate Mr. Suresh's help in evaluating our house - Padma - Boston - USA
"I contacted Sureshji to consult on our current home. He was spot on in identifying vastu dosha in regards to the problems we were having. He suggested remedies but we are still looking for a new house. Since then I have been in touch with him for finding a right home for us. He is very sincere and truly wishes better lives for everyone. He doesn’t compromise with quality and is always responsive to queries. He recommends solutions as per location as vaastu rules differ for each country. He is greatly contributing to the society with his knowledge of Vaastu Shastra and dedication towards his work. Keep up the good work Sureshji and wish you success and happiness!" - Megha - Virginia - USA
I have consulted Suresh Garu during December 2014 during the process of buying a house in Texas, USA. I have occupied the house for one year now, and feel like dropping a review regarding my experience during the entire process. I am very much satisfied with the kind of service I received from him. He is very knowledgeable and I was often stunned by his detailed analysis during the course of my interaction with him. He was very much accessible over phone (perhaps more than 10 times for one house plan!) and the price is very much reasonable especially compared with the cost of the house. I noticed his burning desire to help me in making informed decisions on certain things. I have seen some people pretending to know this subject and misguiding those who come for help by saying only what we want to hear. SubhaVaastu is definitely not that one. Finally, I am strong believer of leaving certain things to experts in those subjects. I have been in US for more than 13 years and have seen people doing their own corrections (by reading website articles) trying to save few dollars. Please don’t do that. You would end up in causing more damage. I highly recommend you to engage SubhaVaastu in your next project - Satish - Dallas - TX - USA
"Out of Purity and Silence, Comes the Word of Power" - "Swami Vivekananda"
“Great Personalities speak about thoughts. 'Average Person' talk about occassions. 'Narrow Minded' gossip about others.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt . . . Let you question yourself, "Who You Are, either 'Great Personality', 'Average Person' or 'Narrow Minded' ?
Joke Of the Day
Narayana Asked Ravi "Who said English is Easy?" and requested him to :
Fill the below 3 Blanks With "YES" or "NO"
1. _____ I don't have a brain.
2. _____ I don't have sense.
3. _____ I am stupid.
Immediateliy Ravi jumped the boundary wall and ran away.